Intermediate-Senior Commercial Underwriter
A dynamic MGA is looking to add to their team! Our client is open intermediate-senior profiles to join their team (extra points if you are a senior), and they have a remote set up in place, so no pesky commuting!
- Establish an underwriting discipline to minimize exposure and appropriately price risks
- Offer a high standard of service in handling broker queries
- Monitor premiums, costs and claims ratios per contract and take corrective measures if necessary to ensure long term profitability at account level.
- Leverage risk controls and claims in managing accounts and pre-qualification of prospects
- Capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
- Keep an ongoing awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Leverage networking opportunities within the industry to develop underwriting policy
- Participate in underwriting audits
- Coach and mentoring of junior underwriting team members
- At least 4+ years experience in an underwriting or technical commercial broking role (for an intermediate).
- A level 1 licence or the ability to obtain one
- Able to build ongoing and profitable relationships in the industry
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Customer focused, demonstrates excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, you are a key contributor to the team’s success
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills and good organisation & time management
- University degree and/or CIP designation is an asset
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.