Our client is looking for an experienced and driven individual who will be excited about building their own book of business with a medium sized Alberta based brokerage. An insurance salesman with a high level of intrinsic motivation will become the next Commercial Sales Executive. The successful candidate will receive a base salary plus commission.
- Generate leads & actively solicit new Commercial Lines accounts to build a book of business
- Market risks, negotiate terms, pricing and conditions directly with Insurance Companies
- Identify and target areas that yield more results.
- Plan and lead sales presentations and client proposals
- Provide client support and knowledge with respect to all lines of commercial insurance coverages
- Attend client appointments, Trade shows, Meetings, and Networking events
Our client is a Calgary based brokerage with a trusted history in both personal and commercial lines insurance. They have access to all the major insurance markets. The effect that technology will have on the industry for years to come is not lost on our client and they are working hard to stay ahead of the curve. Working for a midsize company means you have direct contact with all levels of the business which is great for increasing overall industry comprehension.
You are an experienced insurance professional with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in commercial insurance. Building new relationships with potential clients is your strength, as this leads to building your book of business.
- Level II Alberta Insurance License.
- A minimum of 3-5 years commercial broking experience.
- Experience with Transportation, Property/Casualty and Commercial Auto classes of business an asset
- Broad knowledge of all lines of insurance coverage.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple files simultaneously.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, paperless environment.
- Ability to qualify leads and follow up to build the book of business.
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.