Gore Mutual has embarked on an agile journey to reshape how we create and evolve software, enabling a more dynamic response and delivery of value to our customers.
Our Senior Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the quality of software delivery, through the development, implementation, and execution of exploratory and automation tests. As our Senior Test Automation Engineer, you will partner with our Principal Software Engineers to develop an automation strategy and execution plan, review system and feature requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using industry standard tools
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and concise test plans and test cases
- Work as a squad member to automate tests within pipelines to allow for continuous delivery
- Work with Software Engineers on detailed unit test requirements and coverage
- Identify bugs; tracking, recording, and documenting thoroughly
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. engineers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Stay up-to-date and continually improve Gore Mutual's use of testing tools and strategies
- As a member of an Agile Software Engineering squad you will hold peers, team members and stakeholders accountable to commitments and behaviors and foster an environment where mistakes represent learning opportunities, with an emphasis on problem solving
- Minimum three years’ experience in Test Automation, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with automated software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Previous experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases required
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment required
- Experience with performance and/or security testing considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
If you are interested in joining our talented team please apply online: https://www.goremutual.ca/workhere/