HUB International’s vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. HUB continues to grow and seeking a dynamic Account Assistant to join our busy Commercial Lines team based in Atlantic Canada. We are looking for a strong team player who is detailed oriented, has an ability to multitask, enjoys working with people, and has a commitment to deliver results on required deadlines. This role will have the support of a Team Leader and work with a supportive team of experienced Commercial Lines Brokers.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
This is an administrative position that is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate of a Business or an Office Administration program. It would also fit for an individual who is ready for a career change. It’s an opportunity to learn about the insurance industry, and understand what opportunities exist in this field. However no prior insurance experience is required. This role is a 16 month contract.
- Assist an Account Manager with multiple aspects of Commercial Insurance
- Daily Activities include: billing clients, sending correspondence, managing incoming email
- Other regular duties include: preparing proposals, and summaries of insurance, typing bonds, completing certificates of insurance.
- You will be integral part of our annual customer review process.
- Other than occasionally answering the phone there is not a lot of direct client service in this position.
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma (Recent Graduates should apply)
- Strong prioritization, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Able to learn new programs and tasks quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Can work in a team, but manages their own tasks
- Person who loves a challenge and wants to learn
- Insurance experience is not required, although it could be an asset
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.