My client is seeking an energetic and ambitious individual wishing to pursue a career in reinsurance. This position is based in Toronto and involves travel to visit with clients in Canada and on occasion internationally. Reporting to the Head of Treaty, the Treaty Underwriter will manage, with colleagues, all aspects of property and casualty treaty underwriting for Canadian insurers and become responsible for a portfolio of business.
Title: Treaty Underwriter
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Evaluate renewal and new business treaty reinsurance programs
- Structure and negotiate appropriate terms and conditions
- Evaluate and negotiate contract wording
- Evaluate and negotiate pricing in conjunction with actuaries
- Perform underwriting audits at current and potential clients
- Responsibility for overall relationships with clients
- Market products to insurance companies and reinsurance brokers to obtain suitable business.
- Organize and manager client events
- Inform management, as required of activities, client and portfolio results
- 5 years of Property and Casualty (re)insurance experience
- University Degree and CIP or other insurance studies preferred
- Financial, actuarial, economic, risk management or underwriting education or experience
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Solid communication skills
- Bilingual in French is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Pension…
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner