The Associate Underwriter is responsible for assisting in the underwriting and service of small business portfolio in accordance with established guidelines and business objectives in the achievement of national standards for data quality and service levels. This position works within established authority levels to review a variety of classes of business, sizes of accounts, and coverage lines’
Title: Associate Underwriter, Commercial Lines
Location: Downtown Montreal
- Implement renewal rate and exposure, retention, and rate adequacy guidelines.
- Responsible for the successful evaluation, documentation, selection, negotiation, and pricing for assigned policies in order to ensure a profitable book of business within established underwriting authority.
- Refer and redirect requests for pricing decision and risk selection for risks beyond personal authority, along with recommendations.
- Ensure endorsements, renewals, reissues, and cancellations are reviewed and analyzed in accordance with standards and guidelines.
- Analyze new business for risk profitability by assessing exposures and hazards as determined by review of underwriting data and referring as required.
- Monitor trends and developments identifying areas of concern regarding loss ratios, risk trends, or other discrepancies.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Information Systems/Programs within underwriting
- Evaluates, selects and establishes/negotiates proper rate for risks in order to ensure a profitable book of business within established underwriting guidelines.
- 1 + years of experience in the property and casualty in underwriting or as a Broker
- Actively pursuing CIP designation.
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Working knowledge of company underwriting philosophy, policy contracts, rating programs, risk information sources, underwriting/technical manual information, statuary constraints, and computer workflow procedures.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments
- Fluently bilingual (English / French)
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Bonus, Benefits, RRSP match
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.