My client is a large Canadian insurer looking for a mid to senior level Claims Adjuster to join their team. This individual will be responsible for providing efficient and prompt investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of moderate size and/or moderately complex claims in accordance with corporate guidelines and best practices.
Title: Senior Commercial Auto PD and Cargo adjuster
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Investigate, appraise/scope, confirm coverage, negotiate settlement and recovery, and conduct reporting and documentation of claims of moderate size and/or moderate complexity in accordance with established guidelines.
- Conduct investigations of claims through contact with insurers, claimants, witnesses, other carriers, contractors, lawyers, etc.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient payment of claims.
- Adhere to service standards by communicating effectively with all parties involved.
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience
- Minimum 5 years Claims adjusting experience
- Experience handling Commercial Claims and knowledge of PPV preferred
- Working knowledge of the company principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses and coverage questions.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Actively pursuing CIP/FCIP designation an asset
- Ability to understand and interpret complex insurance contracts and changes in the interpretation as a result of case or statuary law.
- Ability to demonstrate patience, empathy and understanding in dealings with customers.
- Able to plan, organize, and manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, investigative, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, pension plan…
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.