Assistant Branch Manager
Location - Richmond
Our client, a leading insurance broker in BC, is seeking client centric Assistant Branch Manager to oversee a busy location. If you are passionate about leading others and driving the success of a business this role is for you. Work with some top-notch staff members, and closely with the Regional Manager in a strategic role. Excellent culture and compensation on offer, as well as the ability and commitment to be groomed into the Branch Manager!
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for branch operations and is accountable for increasing revenues, profitability, workflow, managing expenses, as well as the overall satisfaction/engagement of both clients and employees.
- Provide a positive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates talent
- Help develop annual business plan that will meet targets and maximize opportunity for new business, business retention, branch growth and client experience.
- Assess local market and identify current and prospective opportunities to obtain new clients
- Achievement of financial goals and targets for the branch, and empowering team members
- Ensure an excellent and consistent client service experience
- Ensure all best practices are adopted and effective for the branch
- Maximize on opportunities for efficiency
- Manage day-to-day operations at branch level
- Keep up to date on monthly and annual reporting and metrics
- Provide updates on markets, coverages, general industry to Insurance staff
- Coach and mentor staff, on an on-going basis and manage staff conflicts
- Plan and lead location meetings
- Identify and recruit new sales staff and service staff. Review staff performance at least annually.
- Ability to work collaboratively with direct reports and colleagues create a result driven and team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Level 2 license
- 1-2 years of leadership/supervisory experience ideal
- 5+ years of insurance experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion and firm understanding of business and financials
- Ability to plan and manage at the operational, branch level
- Strong organizational skills
Interested candidates, please contact Affia at DGA Careers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.