Property Production Underwriter
Work for a dynamic global organization
Located along the subway line!
Our client has an immediate opening for a full-time Production Underwriter in their Toronto, Ontario office.
A member of a global organization that specializes in commercial property insurance for business and industry with a focus on higher end, "middle market" clients. This career opportunity is in one of the largest territories for our client and the successful candidate will maintain and grow a profitable portfolio of property insurance accounts in an assigned territory consistent with Corporate policies, strategies and objectives.
- This will be accomplished with the marketing of the clients products and loss prevention engineering services through a group of selected brokers with whom long-term relationships are developed and maintained.
- It involves the production and retention of quality, new and renewal property business through effective risk selection, applying creative underwriting strategies to optimize net retention a well as the negotiation of pricing, terms and conditions that effectively meets both customer and Company needs.
- The Production Underwriter will often lead and coordinate Account Team resources in order to provide excellent, responsive service that demonstrates clear value to our broker and customer relationships.
- This position requires up to 20% travel including to western Canada.
- Acumen working with numbers, computer software and systems.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; CIP desirable.
- 3 to 5 years industry experience (broker/insurance Company).
- A loss prevention background is a plus.
Skills/Knowledge: Demonstrated excellent skills in oral and written communication, time management, analysis, decision-making, problem solving, sales/negotiation/presentation and leadership as well as the ability to establish a network of property producers and industry contacts. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with effective time management skills as well as a strong working knowledge of MS Office products.
If interested in applying to this opportunity please contact Antonella Leone via email at email@example.com or call at 416-868-6711 x 226.