The Claims Adjuster, Accident Benefits is responsible for providing efficient and prompt investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of claims in accordance with corporate guidelines and best practices.
Title: AB Claims Adjuster
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Investigate, appraise/scope, confirm coverage, negotiate settlement and recovery, and conduct reporting and documentation of claims of moderate size and/or moderate complexity in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient payment of claims.
- Prepare summaries and files for litigation, mediation/arbitration, and multidisciplinary assessments.
- Adhere to service standards by communicating effectively with all parties involved
- Develop relationships with other departments such as underwriting in order to meet business goals.
- Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance to national standards and regulatory standards and policies.
- Work collaboratively with Supervisors and/or Managers on special projects and assignments when required.
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience
- Minimum 3 years Accident Benefits Claims adjusting experience
- Completed or actively pursuing CIP/FCIP designation
- Working knowledge of Health Claims for Auto Insurance (HCAI) system
- Working knowledge of principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses and coverage questions.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex insurance contracts and changes in the interpretation as a result of case or statuary law; ability to assess liability and understand case law developments in the jurisdiction.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Ability to meet internal and regulatory guidelines
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills to explain processes and terminologies
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Pension…
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.