Our client is looking for an insurance professional who has a strong technical understanding of the claims process and enjoys the responsibility of leading a team to become their next Commercial Auto Claims Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day operations and handling of complex client inquiries, as well as mentoring and coaching the claims team. The Claims Manager will be in charge of aligning the department with greater company goals.
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Create, implement, and enhance workflow procedures that will increase the efficiency of day to day operations.
- Follow up with work being done by the team to ensure that company guidelines are being followed
- Talk with staff and provide feedback to ensure that the team is on the same page and everyone’s needs are being met
- Step in and help your team members handle customer concerns and ensure that both parties are communicating effectively
- Stay up to date on market trends and industry events
- Develop trusting relationships with clients and encourage them to provide feedback
- Direct the accurate payment of claims in accordance with legislative requirements
- Monitor the largest and most complex losses and provide guidance where necessary
- Act as the main point of contact for other departments within the company
- Work with other department leaders to innovate and stay ahead of the curve
- Perform other related duties and special projects, as required
You are a leader of people with an impressive arsenal of insurance knowledge. Working in claims has never intimidated you and you are excited to draw on your experience to help others achieve success. You can adapt to new technology very quickly and are excited for the future of the industry.
- College Diploma, University Degree or equivalent experience
- Working towards or completion of the CIP/FCIP
- At least 7 years of experience in the Auto PD & Cargo industry
- Some level of leadership experience
- An understanding of the technical aspects of Claims and Risk Management.
- Confident working with complex insurance contracts and wordings
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to empathize with all parties involved
- Strong internal desire to provide efficient and clear responses and service to all parties involved
- Strong analytical skill set and ability to make decisions in the face of large amounts of variables
- Team player who can work in a group environment and shouldering some of the load independently when necessary
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 Ext. 232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.