Legal Counsel Compliance Manager
Our client operates through, subsidiaries and affiliates as well as network partners in 150+ countries offering international industrial insurance programmes. In business for over 100 years, a key global player offering a complete range of products to insure against business risks.
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on contractual documents and agreements
- Review and drafting of insurance terms & conditions
- Review and drafting of broker, agency and TPA agreements
- Provide legal assistance to the making of new products and product documentation
• Coordinate corporate legal matters with Home Office Legal
- Manage companies compliance tasks, e.g. matters relating to:
- insurance distribution
- intermediaries, agencies and business partners
- insurance contract law
- new products
- nonadmitted / sanctions queries
- bribery / conflicts of interest
• Monitor and indicate relevant legislation and case law in Canada
- Implementation of OSFI regulatory compliance management requirements in accordance with guideline E13.
- Implementation of Home Office processes and guidelines at local level
- Ongoing preventative compliance work
- Assist in the analysis of compliance risks of the company
- Compliance monitoring work
- Coordinate correspondence/notifications to OSFI with Home Office Compliance
- Manage, document and report breaches to the CCO
- Manage company’s complaints
- Oversee and manage data privacy matters of the organization
- Report to Chief Agent in Canada and Chief Compliance Officer in Hannover where appropriate.
- University degree in law (JD / LLB)
- Profound knowledge of Canadian contract and insurance law
- Experience in international primary insurance
- Knowledge of German, UK and/or other European legal systems considered a plus
Prior Experience working with Canadian regulatory authorities
If interested in applying to this opportunity please contact Antonella Leone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 416-868-6711 x 226.