We have opportunities for business-minded, client-focused individuals to join our Assessments department as employer services representatives. The Assessments department at WorkSafeBC is responsible for helping employers register for our no-fault insurance systems and maintaining their accounts. Working in a team oriented and call centre environment, you’ll serve employers, answering their questions and resolving issues related to insurance coverage, registration requirements, and managing financial transactions. This role’s work will highlight your skills as a strong decision maker – Helping us to maintain excellent customer service to employers and to keep our promise of making a difference to the business community in British Columbia.
WorkSafeBC is a place where you can build your career with opportunities for advancement within our Richmond head office or at one of our offices across the province. We offer a starting annual salary of $56,714, comprehensive benefits, career planning, leadership development, tuition reimbursement programs, and policies and programs that support a healthy lifestyle.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of a team that works to ensure firms across the province have the workers’ compensation coverage they need. As an employer services representative you will:
- Adjudicate insurance registration applications, employer classification changes, experience rating transfers, and legal entity changes
- Apply law, policy, and procedures to respond to questions from firms regarding insurance coverage, the registration process, classification, payment, premium rates, payroll reporting, penalties, account changes, rate changes, and any problems with an employer’s account
- Review applications and register firms for standard or optional coverage, ensuring all requirements of law and policy are met
- Enter financial information along with taking customer payments
- Review coverage and payment information to determine if an account is in good standing
- Communicate with employers in writing and verbally on decisions, such as changes to a firm’s profile or coverage, or providing financial information
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for a people who can:
- Make timely, independent decisions by applying law and policy to facts
- Accurately record and explain detailed decisions verbally and in writing
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Independently and proactively manage a high volume and complex workload
- Interact in a diplomatic, empathetic, and objective manner, and build rapport with individuals
Your experience and educational background:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma is preferred
- A minimum of two years of business experience (experience within the insurance industry, finance/banking, or government is an asset) that includes customer service experience where you resolved client issues
- Independent decision-making experience where you analyzed facts and evidence, and applied legislation, policies, or procedures to determine an outcome
- Must type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.