Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International in Toronto, Ontario is currently looking for an Account Assistant to support the busy account workflow for our Commercial Practice in our Complex Accounts Practice. This is an ideal role for someone who possesses strong administrative support experience and strong systems skills. Benefits of this position include: working on a book of business in a supportive team and management environment in which knowledge is shared and development encouraged!
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging wok environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB, you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who prides themselves on their top-notch client service. This role will be ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills, sense of urgency, and the ability to meet often tight deadlines. The ideal candidate is a team player, eager to learn and providing effective account support to our Complex Risks Practice.
This role provides support to the account team. The primary responsibilities include:
- Execution of insurance certificates, leasing confirmations, auto liability slips, binders, statement of values, proposals, presentations and processing of client documents (endorsements and policies) within timelines aligned with established service standards
- Maintaining effective abeyance system and electronic filing system (including attachment of emails for the team) aligned with established service standards
- Setting up clients and prospects into brokerage management system Epic
- Loading Policy and Underwriting Information into Epic
- Invoicing, processing of journal entries, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Maintain/Update Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal)
- Answering client queries, communicating with insurance companies
- Updating claims history on summaries
- Providing assistance where required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education or commensurate work experience
- RIBO Licensed or in progress within 3 months of employment
- 1-2 years of commercial insurance account experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience on Epic broker management system an asset
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong team player
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.