Our client is looking for an energy focused Underwriter who can confidently negotiate and underwrite new business in the province of Alberta. As the Regional Underwriter the successful candidate will be responsible for underwriting policies related to the Oil and Gas industry. Either a background in Energy insurance or an extensive property insurance background in related industries would be suitable for this position.
- Report to the Regional Manager
- Contribute to the Regional Underwriting Operations team by assessing, accepting, and declining new business submissions
- Analyze, accept, and decline new business submissions
- Negotiate renewals, and policy endorsements
- Develop and maintain positive broker relations
- Participate in production calls on brokerage offices
- Accompany brokers on field underwriting of accounts
- Provide technical support to brokers
About the Employer:
Our Client is one of Canada’s oldest and most influential insurance companies. Their scope includes P&C insurance, both personal and commercial, as well as Group insurance. They have been able to thrive for decades because of their ability to stay ahead of the curve and adapt to change. They were built from the idea of a community coming together to support one another and they continue to try and exemplify this founding principal to this day.
You are an insurance professional who is well versed within the oil and gas space. You are a strong negotiator and are able to outwork competing underwriters. You go out of your way to make the lives of your brokers easier and you have a reputation for following through on your commitments. Insurance is your career and you are ready to take the next step.
- University degree in any discipline or a 2 year diploma from a publicly recognized and funded college or a completed CIP designation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial Lines underwriting
- Experience underwriting complex property & liability accounts, with a focus on Oil & Gas accounts
- Strong analytical skills; able to quickly interpret data, information, reports and come to a decision
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- Excellent existing broker relationships and the proven ability to create and nurture new relationships
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.