Our client is looking for an ambitious leader with all the necessary skills and confidence to lead an Accident Benefits Claims team. To become the next Accident Benefits Team Lead you must be an excellent leader who is comfortable dealing with a wide variety of employees. You are expected to push the team to exceed the expectations of the customers while ensuring that all the required procedures are followed and that the team is happy.
- The Accident Benefits Team Lead is first and foremost a leader of the accident benefits claims handlers based in western Canada.
- Consult with the claims specialist to handle complex claims.
- As a part of the leadership team you would work with managers to help improve strategies that keep risk low while assisting customers with outstanding customer service.
- Inspire the team, and the individuals that comprise it, to reach their potential.
- As it is your team, you will be consulted on the training process and will be able to help shape your staff.
- You are the quarterback and the coach of the Accident Benefits Claims team, and as such you will be designing the plan of attack as well as executing it.
- When there is a customer in need the Accident Claims Team Lead is there to breakdown their complex problems into easy to understand solutions that works for both parties.
- You will represent your department on special projects and have influence on the direction the company takes.
Who you are:
- You have a relevant University Degree or Insurance Designation
- You have over 5 years of experience handling Accident Benefits Claims
- People look to you as a leader. When the going gets tough, the tough turn to you.
- You are empathetic and understand how to get through to the most disconnected of your colleagues.
- The amount of hard decisions you’ve made in your life has enabled you to confidently step in the direction you think is best even when the path has yet to be trod.
- When communicating with different types of people there is no message you can’t convey.
- Complexity only exists in situations you have yet to analyze.
Who We Are:
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.