Our client is one of Canada’s leading insurance companies who, due to growth, is looking to hire a Personal Lines Underwriter to join their high net worth (VIP) team. If you have over 5 years of experience underwriting personal lines home and automobile policies, with two of those years focussing on high net worth clients, this may be a great opportunity for you.
Title: Senior Personal Lines Underwriter
Location: Richmond Hill
- Ability to provide top notch service to your broker partners ensuring all questions and issues are responded to quickly.
- Quoting new business, handling endorsements, renewals and inspections with strong knowledge of reports including Autoplus, MVRs and HITs.
- Ability to challenge the status quo in order to provide the best possible underwriting service while maintaining an informed mindset and high-priority approach
- Enjoy the challenge of developing new business with your broker network, while tailoring products to match their customers’ requirements.
- Ensure underwriting profitability is met while negotiating on premium and coverage options
- Strong desire to build long term relationships while regularly learning about the products and needs of the client and broker.
- Enjoy learning new skills and enrolling in various courses
- 5+ years personal lines insurance underwriting experience, with 2 years working on High Net Worth Accounts
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of applications at the same time.
- Strategic thinker and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong negotiations skills and leadership capabilities
- Solid communication skills with strong decision-making and analytical skills
Must be able to worth within the hours of 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday as this is a National role working with brokers across Canada.
Compensation: Competitive salary, great company bonus plan, paid benefits and excellent pension plan.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner