Join an award-winning brokerage’s MGA! Our client is seeking detail-oriented Claims Associate to join their busy team. This is an integral position within the team and a great opportunity for those who have a strong eye for detail, organisational skills and looking to join a reputable organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Providing claim assistance including; opening new claims, collecting and processing information, mailing out settlement cheques, and other claims related duties as required
- Reviews the policy and gathers all missing/required information.
- Conducts analysis of claims and coverage and recommends solutions to coverage issues.
- Provides technical expertise to internal and external clients regarding claims coverage.
- Negotiates payments and reimbursements with the insurers on the client’s behalf.
- Record and maintain accurate information in system and documentation for every claim.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships
- Prepares loss reports when required
- Follows-up with the carrier for claim status, errors and/or changes
- Answering incoming phone calls, providing basic information regarding the Replacement Cost coverage, finance plans and claims procedures
- Addressing referrals for policies issued off POS system when needed
- Assisting in batching and invoicing
- Issuing endorsements
- Excellent and accurate word processing/data entry skills
- Strong basic mathematics skills and problem-solving ability
- 1-2 years claims handling experience ideal
- Level 2 general insurance license
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or submit your resume in confidence. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner