As a Commercial Insurance Underwriter you will deal with all our Lloyd’s underwriting requirements.
We are looking someone with 2-3 years of property/casualty underwriting experience preferably in Commercial Insurance. Previous Underwriting experience is required.
The job would entail:
- Handling of our existing Lloyd’s property/casualty contract renewal book, including both renewals and endorsements, within our designated contract guidelines. This would include underwriting, rating, invoicing and processing of policy documents.
- Coding the policies within the Lloyd’s Lineage system
- Assisting with underwriting of new Lloyd’s property/casualty business (likely under the managers guidance, depending on their experience)
- Ordering, reviewing and handling of inspections where required
- Abeyances and follow ups on outstanding items where required
- Construction and Manufacturing insurance experience
RIBO license is required (or the willingness to write the RIBO exam within 1 month of starting the position)
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner