Commercial Insurance Advisor
Our leading national Client is seeking a sharp and motivated Commercial Insurance Advisor to join their team! The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Account Executive and Marketers in providing the highest quality service to clients and insurers with a focus on retention of the assigned book of business. Based centrally in Burnaby, our Client is offering a competitive salary to become part of distinguished brand and team.
*** This could also be a great opporutnity for a strong personal lines candidate to move into the commercial space!***
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the AE in preparing underwriting submissions and client proposals when required.
- In conjunction with the team, monitor and follow up on outstanding client accounts receivables
- Provide a first review of the policy documents and other documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Answers client questions and handles daily requests/coverage changes.
- Requests and follows up with insurers and clients for outstanding information, endorsements or documentation, as applicable.
- Ensure all certificates of insurance are issued accurately and efficiently.
- Process documentation (Certificates of Insurance, Cover Notes, Renewals, Proposals, Endorsements, In-House Policies, Invoicing, Finance Contracts, Customer Correspondence)
- Respond to telephone calls and correspondence.
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
- Level 2 license or working towards it
- At least 2 years of insurance industry experience
- CIP or CAIB designation preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be client focused
- Good knowledge of markets and their policy wordings
- Good quantitative skills and personal computer literacy – strong Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal and written
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others throughout the organization and independently carry out assignments
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Affia at 778-383-9790, x 104 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.