Our client, a leading Reinsurance Company, has a great opportunity in their Claims department. They are looking to add a Disability Claims Manager - Reinsurance. The successful candidate will become a member of the Claims Management Team and will assess Group Disability claims expertly and efficiently, as well as evaluate client claim practices, perform reinsured client reviews and conduct industry training and presentations.
- Claims Adjudication:
- Expertly adjudicate individual and group Short-Term and Long-Term Disability in an efficient manner while adhering to company guidelines;
- Promptly identify, address and resolve coverage matters;
- Resolve claim inconsistencies with clients in a proactive manner by consistently investigating, assessing and managing;
- Clear payments for approval in accordance with payment authorization protocols and client service level agreements;
- Properly document the entire claims process and conduct a follow up upon completion.
- Client Management:
- Establish, build, and grow mutually beneficial and long-term client relationships;
- Analyze client claim results and provide business partners with accurate client information on a timely basis through claim analytics, data mining and trend analysis;
- Work to identify possible areas for improvement in efficiency and assist with its implementation for the entire office;
- Develop and implement strategies to track and improve deteriorating client claim results.
- Risk Monitoring and Claim Reviews:
- Provide recommendations for resolutions to internal business partners when there are claims where non-compliance exists.
- Perform client reviews a produce excellent written analytical review reports with clear recommendations;
- Conduct client review result presentations where one follows up on the recommended client actions
- Present claims to leadership for evaluation including completion of pertinent claim summary reports and notice of high exposure claims.
- Knowledge Transfer:
- Create and execute presentations and training programs for clients and internal business partners;
- Mentor more junior Claims team members on the technical aspects of complex claims;
- Stay up to date on leading-edge knowledge of group disability insurance claim investigations and practices;
- Engage with pricing, underwriting, and legal to ensure treaty and contractual liabilities, product language and client decisions meet risk standards and intent.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished Intermediate or Senior Claims Professional who is intrinsically motivated with a natural desire to provide exceptional disability case management through his/her expertise, energy, passion and initiative. Additionally, our client is looking for an individual with some or all of the following attributes:
- University Degree in a related field would be an asset
- CEBS, CSPDM, FLMI or other insurance designations would be an asset.
- Minimum 7 years Group insurance experience with thorough knowledge of Group disability claims.
- Exposure to different group types and complex claims would be an asset.
- Bilingual (English/French) is a preferred asset.
- Exhibits meticulousness, precision, and attention to detail in claim reviews and data analysis.
- Strong analytical and inquisitive skills;
- Excellent attention to efficiency and respect for colleagues’ and clients’ time
- High degree of intrinsic motivation and a desire for continuing development with a proven ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated desire and aptitude to expand one’s knowledge and learn other lines of business and claim types.
- Excellent presentation and report creation and delivery skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build solid client relationships.
- Related experience in reinsurance and knowledge of underwriting/medical concepts and terminology will be an asset.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.