Our client is looking to hire a Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager to work in their Calgary office. The successful candidate would be responsible for leading, mentoring, and organizing the commercial underwriting department. The Underwriting Manager will be in charge of ensuring that the clients are receiving the best possible customer service at all times.
- Perform risk analysis and monitor the performance of the portfolio in both the long and short run
- Guide the team to target the correct type of business
- Coach staff and emphasize employee growth and development
- Ensure that all team members are adhering policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Use communication to keep all affected parties in the loop
- Foster positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including other regional offices and networking at industry events
- Help bring on new staff by participating or leading the interview process
- Stay up to date on company policies and industry trends
- Provide excellent customer service
Our client is a nationally recognized insurance firm and one of the largest in Alberta. They have their sights set on major growth and plan to be one of the top 5 in Canada. It is a truly exciting time to join this fast paced and growing organization. They are trending upwards and credit their staff with spurring them on. They have concentrated a ton of great minds in their office and are looking to add another exceptional employee to fill this position.
You are an underwriter through and through and you want to be in a leadership position where you can share your passion with others. You are a high energy, sociable individual who enjoys working on a team. You are not afraid to make big decisions and you are confident in your ability to analyze trends and steer a portfolio.
- Must have at least 8 years of commercial lines insurance experience
- Post-secondary education or related business experience
- Currently hold a Property and Casualty insurance designation
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to provide justification
- Strong customer service skills
- Confident and strong negotiator
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Able and willing to travel
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.