Head of Product Development
A very exciting and unique opportunity has opened with a dynamic MGA! Our Client has experienced rapid growth and been blazing their own trail in the industry. Due to their success, they are now seeking a talented and technical insurance professional to create, maintain, deploy and optimise new product lines. This person will be an integral member of the team working closely with executive leadership, in house engineers, insurance companies and brokers.
The role can be tailored for varying levels of seniority, defending in the successful incumbent with potential qualification for equity in the business!
- Entrepreneurial with a good eye for finding opportunities and efficiencies.
- Have an interest in InsureTech.
- You are analytical and love seeking new areas of improvement.
- Several years’ experience in the commercial P&C space (insurers or brokers).
- Strength and comfort in negotiating terms with Insurers.
- Team player and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and penchant for project management.
- No ego’s allowed! This is a very collaborative environment where everyone roles up their sleeves and no job is too small.
- Manage binding authorities, negotiate product specifications, develop rating algorithms and establish eligibility guidelines
- Translate underwriting guidelines into digital program specs, collaborate and negotiate with insurance company personnel on development and maintenance
- Analyze conversion data and KPIs to recommend adjustments
- Work with existing insurance companies, and leverage industry relationships for new binding authority contracts and products on platform. Envision and structure new multi-line insurance programs for a variety of industry classes
- Solicit feedback from all stakeholders to inform data driven decisions and to optimise existing products
- Consider unique or differentiated product offerings where the organization has strong aptitude
Interested candidates, please contact Jen Duff at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.