Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
based downtown Toronto
POSITION OVERVIEW (PURPOSE):
The Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting is responsible for financial reporting, providing accurate and timely financial information for month-end reporting and reconciliations relating to corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Financial Reporting
- Work closely with Director, Financial Reporting to ensure compliance on financial reporting requirements;
- Review interim and annual statements for regulatory reporting to OSFI;
- Review working papers and schedules as required. Co-ordinate and work with other departments that provide supporting schedules/documentation for financial reporting statements;
- Develop and support internal control policies and procedures as needed;
- Provide support for account reconciliations;
- Participate actively in quarter and year-end requirements to ensure timely closing;
- Work closely with external auditors to provide information and clarification during internal and external audits;
- Maintain current knowledge of all regulatory and financial reporting standards.
- Premium processing
- Produce monthly premium analysis (premium receivable and premium forecast);
- Assist in the Accounts Receivable process to ensure accurate and timely processing of premiums, reconciliations, and reporting.
- Manage accounting policy transitions as required
- Participate in working group with Director, Financial Reporting, actuarial team, and SVP Finance to transition from IFRS 4 to IFRS 17 (Insurance Contracts);
- Finalize accounting policies, assisting in GL transition, creating IFRS 17 financial statements and notes.
- Projects and other remediation & improvement initiatives as mandated by senior management
- Work closely with Director, Financial Reporting on all requirements relating to on-going and ad hoc initiatives and other projects relating to financial reporting.
Education (include required designations):
- Professional Accountant Designation.
Experience (# years and specific skills and experience):
- Minimum 3 years of financial reporting experience in financial services;
- Experience working in insurance industry is an asset;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including PC spreadsheets (Excel) and Word.
If interested in applying to this position please contact Antonella Leone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416-868-6711 x 226.