Green Shield Canada (GSC) is not your traditional health and dental benefits provider. We’re different, and that’s a good thing.
As Canada’s fourth largest health benefits provider, GSC manages and administers benefit plan programs for nearly four million plan participants nation-wide. A not-for-profit social enterprise, we are driven by our Purpose: to make it easier for people to live their healthiest lives. And we’re fully committed to the talented team of employees who delight our clients and set our organization apart as an industry leader.
We are also proud to have been selected by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures™. This award confirms GSC's longstanding reputation as a company that respects and engages its employees - one that provides an excellent working environment and offers challenges and career growth.
WHY GSC IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
With all our cutting edge solutions, there’s never a dull moment
Our approach to benefits is always forward-thinking, from digital mental health therapies (such as MindBeacon Group) to predictive modelling of data insights, and the use of AI in our industry-leading Claim Watch fraud detection and prevention strategy.
You can have a career, and a life
We believe that we get the best from our employees when they have a challenging work environment and time away to do other things. We don’t just say it - it’s real. A work-life balance exists at GSC.
We invest in our employees
As we grow, so do our employees. We offer training and professional development to ensure employees excel and are well positioned for career advancement within GSC. We encourage our team to continue their education - and we help fund it.
You’re part of something bigger
As a social enterprise, we re-invest our profits to support local communities and advocate to make it easier for Canadians to live their healthiest lives. Our employees – and customers – benefit from knowing they are contributing to enhancing the common good.
A few other perks:
- Generous time off (including vacation, holiday shut-down between Christmas and New Years and even having your birthday off).
- Full and flexible benefits on day 1 (it is our business after all).
- Endless supply of free coffee!
- Convenient commute accessibility
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
- Work closely with Individual Advisor Sales team to promote GSC’s client-focused product solutions to grow overall new business of select MGAs and Advisors
- Proactively reach out to advisors to coordinate sales seminars and product training sessions and augment GSC sales team reach by providing high level product overview and training concepts over the phone or via webinar as required
- Proactively follow up with advisors after meetings to provide support and to further identify sales opportunities for GSC products
- Interact with advisors to enhance existing partnerships, develop new relationships and bring insights from interactions to evolve solutions, service delivery and advisor engagement initiatives as part of GSC’s Voice of the Customer strategy
- Develop expertise in our products, services and initiatives that drive advisor new business development by highlighting our distinct advantages in the marketplace
- Provide sales support to MGAs and Advisors by responding to product questions and providing quote illustrations
- Generate reports to monitor sales and development activity and create, maintain and update distribution partner profiles
- Provide administrative and service support, including coordination of communication updates for the Advisor sales team.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the individual health or group insurance industry in a sales office or support role
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, dynamic team member with strong work ethic
- Exceptional and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer focused with strong ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Flexible, forward thinking problem-solver, willing to take on changing responsibilities
- Organized, strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure while learning new tasks quickly
- Computer savvy and advanced computer skills in MS Office products
- LLQP designation (or in process) is an asset
GSC is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please contact email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If interested, please apply on our career site at: http://careers.greenshield.ca/careerconnector