Totten Insurance Group is growing and we are looking for a dynamic Underwriting Assistant for Oakville or Toronto. The purpose of this position is the assist the underwriters in the processing of new business, renewals, and endorsements that are requested. This position is responsible for completing tasks in a timely manner in order to serve the brokers efficiently.
Choose a career with Totten Insurance Group and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining Totten Insurance Group you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. Totten Insurance Group is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Issuance of documents (Renewals, New Policies, Endorsements, Certificates, etc.)
- Review and set-up of all new business submissions.
- Assignment of new business to underwriters.
- Provide broker assistance on inquiries such as follow-ups, renewal status, etc.
- Assign / attach all emails received (approximately 150-160 emails per day).
- Decline letters (where a decline is clearly required).
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and cheques. (including sending out monthly statements to the brokers).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma
- Up to one year’s related experience.
- Proficiency in typing and working with computer applications, including MS suite.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve.
- Must possess a positive attitude with customer service focus.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively, utilizing good time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Totten Insurance Group’s procedures and basic knowledge of current trends within the industry is an asset.
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Providing a diversified suite of customized insurance products and programs, Totten Group is committed to delivering best in class insurance solutions that are not readily available in the marketplace. Totten Group supports over 2,000 independent brokers throughout Canada and is comprised of five divisions including Commercial Casualty, Commercial Property, Hospitality, Personal Lines and Professional Liability. For a complete list of office locations and more information, please visit: www.tottengroup.com