The Group Marketing Representative, under the direction of the VP of Personal Lines, is primarily responsible for building key customer relationships with new and existing group clients. The Group Marketing Representative will work with staff from various departments to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue. This role will manage existing group clients to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business, and will cold-call within a defined market or geographic area to ensure continual opportunities for business growth.
What will you do?
- Build and maintain group relationships with new and existing group clients
- Work with staff from various departments to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue
- Manage existing groups to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business
- Cold-call within a defined market or geographic area to ensure continual opportunities for group business growth
- Identify business opportunities, generate warm leads, and seek out partnerships
- Negotiate and close group business deals
- Develop a rapport with new groups
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Predict groups future needs and devise strategies and action plans to meet those needs
- Liaise with senior management in order to determine group marketing strategy and initiatives
- Work with sales staff and colleagues to meet customer needs
- Attend industry functions and provide feedback and information on emerging trends
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to increased group sales
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s sales management system
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years of sales or business development experience in a related industry
- Post secondary degree or diploma in business, marketing, economics, or a related field
- Proven understanding of the industry and area of service
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning, presentation and implementation skills
- Ability to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, and facts
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
Why Lawrie Insurance Group?
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Company pension plan and optional RRSP
- Education and career development support
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Positive work culture and environment
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Fun team environment with family-like atmosphere
About Lawrie Insurance Group
Founded in 1982 and now ranked in the top 5% of brokerages in Canada, LIG is a privately owned and operated insurance brokerage with over 100 employees specializing in all areas of personal and corporate property/casualty insurance, employee benefits, financial services and group retirement products. We are a fiercely independent insurance brokerage with no financial ties to any of our insuring partners, allowing us to be truly objective in meeting the needs of our clients. Our relationships with our insuring partners are solid and we represent over 60 Canadian and International insurance companies giving us full access to aligning clients with the right insurer for the long-term. Our success over the past 30+ years has been built by the amazing people at LIG and the relationships of trust that are built with clients and the community.
We offer a work environment that is described by our clients, insurers and employees as being fun, challenging, stimulating, fast paced and highly professional.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email indicated.
Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity.
Lawrie Insurance Group Inc. O/A Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.