Our client is looking for their newest Marketing Broker. As a busy and established firm. Their ideal candidate is someone who knows the position well either through previous experience as a Marketer or from having handled one's own marketing responsibilities in a different position. Our client works in a wide range of markets and has a variety of clients so it is imperative that the successful candidate for this position is able to communicate with a diverse network of individuals.
- Pre-qualify and assess risks for new and renewal business with the underwriters
- Create submissions
- Track renewal process of an assigned book of business
- Negotiate rating, terms and conditions with the underwriters
- Make recommendations to account executives on coverages
- Provide clear and accurate instructions for proposals, certificate issuance and invoicing
- Mentor and provide technical support to the commercial team
- Attend Industry and Broker functions
- Build solid relationships with Insurers
About the Employer:
Our client is a privately owned firm that offers tailored insurance products based on sound risk management advice. They believe in a personal and detailed approach, combined with offering access to the most innovative coverage available. They believe in staying close to the industries they serve in order to gain a deeper understanding of their unique risks. Their focus is on the challenges that businesses and their owners face today, including technological and regulatory demand. This approach instills confidence in their clients and has contributed to their success.
You are the social one in your office and everyone is always bringing you along on business events. You lead by example and enjoy passing the knowledge you've gained on to hard working up-and-comers who remind you of yourself. You like working with business leaders to help solve complex problems with unique and innovative solutions. You enjoy the challenge that your work brings to you but you enjoy overcoming that challenge even more.
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- CAIB, CIP or CRM designation is an asset
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position, or 10-12 years’ experience in insurance (with established insurer relationships)
- A keen attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Works well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.