Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally lead, national insurer. We intend to quadruple our Gross Written Premium in the next 10 years.
It is an exciting time at Gore Mutual as we build out our Claims Recovery function. This team will pull together the best Subrogation Specialists in the industry to offer clients the superior expertise and bottom line results our clients have learned to expect from Gore.
The Recovery team will play a critical role in cost recovery and litigation support for complex fraud and subrogation files. This team will represent Gore with our clients, brokers and Industry partners to educate and create a momentum of awareness about how excellent Subrogation performance supports excellent overall performance for any insurer.
Our head office is based in Cambridge, Ontario however we are open to flexible and remote working arrangements.
What you will do:
• Complete pro-active investigations into potential recovery. Ensure chain of evidence is documented and that evidence is retained/preserved
• Identify legal liability and pursue, negotiate, and settle large/complex subrogation files
• Review incoming referrals from all lines and assess for likelihood of recovery, anticipated expenses, level of complexity and set initial reserves
• Act as a technical resource for subrogation team members, claims reps, underwriting reps, brokers and clients
• Work with Head of Recovery to educate claims handlers about subrogation opportunities and how they can learn to recognize them and make referrals in a timely manner
• Provide mentoring and coaching to interested Gore team members
• Work with leaders of each line to provide that education to their teams, and to keep subrogation a focus for them
• Participate in sales/renewal presentations to Brokers and Clients. Explain services provided by the recovery unit and how these can benefit Commercial Clients
• Represent Gore Mutual at informal or judicial settlement conferences, pre-trials, trials, inter-company arbitration hearings where necessary
What you’ll need:
• 5+ years of Subrogation Specialist experience
• 10+ years of overall Property and Casualty Claims experience
• Litigation Management experience
• Ideally will have experience in handling Property, Auto and Liability claims
• Superior level of knowledge regarding differences in legal handling within all Canadian Provinces and Territories
• Superior Negotiation Skills
• Ability to Train/Mentor/Coach others