We are accepting applications for experienced Commercial Insurance Brokers who are knowledgeable expert advisors in commercial lines insurance. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a book of business in our commercial programs division, servicing clients in a courteous and professional manner, and assisting the producer in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
- Responsible for managing a renewal book of business
- Works closely with Producers and other PMI staff on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to PMI’s best practices and standard procedures.
- Initiate account planning with Producer 90 days in advance of the renewal
- Set clear expectation for client and business partners by providing same day response time
- In collaboration with Producers; coordinate, support plans, discuss arising issues and create comprehensive plans for existing clients
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate
- Responsible for the preparation of renewal proposals for existing clients
- Manage account documentation (i.e., routine inquires, quotes, binders, statement of values, insurance contracts, endorsements, cancellations, etc.)
- Review client’s current coverage and exposures, loss experience and analyze risk to determine the product/service requirements
- Maintain up-to-date SigXP workflow documentation and ensures workflows are followed
- Ensure accurate and timely servicing and billing of accounts
- Participate actively in cross-sell campaigns and other initiatives as required
- Actively develop an increased knowledge of related insurance products and client needs
- May participate in or conduct client meetings when necessary
- Participate in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of commercial insurance experience required
- University degree preferred
- R.I.B.O license required
- Working towards C.I.P. or C.A.I.B. designation
- A team player with a strong work ethic
- An unwavering commitment to delivering professionalism and expertise to our clients
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with SigXP and Edocs is an asset.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencer's and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Otis at 416-868-6711 ext 234 or forward your resume in confidence to Otis@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Selected candidates will be contacted for screening.