Commercial Insurance Account Administrator
Risk Balance is a boutique brokerage specializing in insurance and risk management solutions
for knowledge-based ?organizations.
We’re different than typical insurance brokerages. As they become more automated and commoditized, we swim against that current, providing deep expertise and personalized service tailored to specific industries, such as technology, renewable energy, life sciences, venture capital, and not-for-profit.
About the Position:
Our small team is growing. We’re currently searching for a positive and highly professional individual to support our small team in the administration of commercial accounts.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re RIBO-licensed, exceptionally detail-oriented, organized, and passionate about client service. You’re a natural problem-solver who’s keen to take initiative and figure things out. You thrive in a collaborative, professional environment where you have the freedom to manage your time and tasks. If you’re all those things and you're bilingual, you might just be perfect.
- Prepare and issue certificates of insurance, invoices, binders, insurance proposals, and other documents;
- Provide day-to-day support for all client transactions;
- Verify the accuracy of insurer documents and requesting policy changes or corrections;
- Follow up with clients and insurers for outstanding information;
- Support claims administration and follow-up;
- Perform a range of office administration tasks: coordination of weekly renewal meetings, daily mail, client payments, insurer account statement reconciliation, etc.
- Degree or diploma from an accredited university or college;
- RIBO license;
- 1-3 years of experience in the insurance industry;
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (namely Outlook, Word and Excel);
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail;
- Comfortable with problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Flexible and adaptable team player;
- Excellent time management skills; able to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks and deliverables;
- Positive attitude.
Why Work Here?
At Risk Balance you’ll have the opportunity to learn from a top-notch team and work closely with sophisticated organizations addressing unique areas of exposure. The work environment is relaxed but professional. You’ll have the autonomy and trust to manage your workload without someone looking over your shoulder.
You’ll work from home for now, and eventually work out of our office a few days per week. We’re located in Westboro, Ottawa, a fun and trendy neighbourhood surrounded by coffee shops, restaurants and boutiques. The location is easily accessible by public transit and parking is also available.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards package, including a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible working schedules, and training and development opportunities.