Our mission is to change insurance for the good of our customers and communities. We are at the cusp of making big audacious moves to leap into the next phase of growth. Playing a key role in our mission, the role will encompass all aspects of end-user interaction with the company, across channels spanning multiple product lines. The incumbent in the role will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing & creating thoughtfully crafted interfaces and experiences for user enablement, enhancing the product/service usability and driving user delight. The individual in this role will be hands-on, working closely with an innovative cross functional team to prototype, conceptualize, create high-fidelity designs while working on front end for deployment of innovative digital user interfaces.
Reporting to the Director – Engineering & leading a small, nimble & highly responsive team, the Lead Full Stack UX designer will work to leverage new technologies to improve operational processes and create greater value through personalized customer engagements and experiences. As a member of our growing team, the individual in the role will work within a cross-functional agile squad, leveraging modern user design engineering practices.
What you’ll do:
• Execute UX projects - lead on visual design, interaction and front-end code
• Participate in stand ups, assist in the development of innovative concepts, identify roadblocks in building user engagement and present to key business stakeholders
• Understand product specifications, user psychology and the right interaction model by conducting concept and usability testing
• Collaborate & communicate with designers & coders on design ideas and prototypes to build & deploy user friendly intuitive UX interfaces
• Collaborate with all consumer facing touch points to do part product design, part visual design & part front-end
• Bring in industry best practices for documentation, structure, nomenclature & security
What you’ll need:
• Knowledge of tools like Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, Iconjar, Kraken
• Visually stunning and cutting-edge portfolio, not only showcasing a strong eye but also strong storytelling and problem-solving abilities
• Understanding of UX discipline throughout the workflow (e.g. Research, Information Architecture, Wireframes, Flows, Rapid Prototypes, Design, Build)
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels, build strong relationships & exceptional verbal and written communication skills