Insurance Systems Inc. (ISI) is seeking a dynamic individual with a broad skill set in analysis and software development to join an exciting development team on an industry-leading web-based policy administration suite. We are targeting candidates who have specific domain knowledge with P&C Rating and Rules development.
The successful candidate will join our Rating & Rules Development team in a full-time production support and development role in either our Toronto or Whitby office.
ISI’s Whitby office is located at 209 Dundas Street East just east of Brock St. in Whitby.
ISI’s head office is located at the North West corner of Dundas & Kipling and is easily accessible via the 427, Gardiner Expressway and Kipling subway station.
Founded in 1997, Insurance Systems Inc. (ISI) is a boutique software provider to the Property & Casualty insurance industry. Our insurance software suite, ISI Enterprise, was built in-house by our dedicated team of software architects, developers, business analysts & quality assurance analysts with guidance from our phenomenal leadership team. Today, we have several successful implementations in the USA and Canada and we’re looking to increase the size of our team.
We pride ourselves on our strong corporate culture, work ethic and finding the right fit for our team whose average tenure is over 9 years. Working as a collective we constantly strive to exceed customer expectations while creating an enjoyable working environment. We offer $1,250 per year in education and professional development, performance-based bonuses, health & dental benefits, early start to long weekends and summer flex hours.
- Health & dental benefits
- Professional development funding
- Summer-flex Fridays
- Employee referral program
- Performance-based bonuses
- NEW: Wellness Program with exercise incentives
- NEW: Espresso & Americano coffee machine with locally roasted beans
- COMING SOON: 2,000sqft multi-purpose recreational space
- Diagnose and fix Rules and Rating Production defects
- Analyze customer requirements
- Work alongside implementation architects to configure product lines within ISI’s Enterprise application
- Design, develop and test business rules for new product features and implementations
- Work alongside the QA department to make sure the work you do is tested properly and thoroughly
- Help define and build automated test scripts as part of your development process to run and execute on an iterative basis to ensure continuous quality
- Work with the Director, Product to ensure that all system changes are aligned with the Product Vision and communicated to necessary stakeholders
- Communicate and liaise with clients to ensure features meet requirements
- 5+ years of experience in insurance-related software development
- Solid knowledge of P&C insurance industry workflows and concepts
- Prior experience at an Insurance Company or at a vendor in the market of policy administration and related fields
- Experience with C# and Web Services would be an asset
- Working knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL or MS SQL)
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
ISI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No agencies please.
If our company and this position sound appealing, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
As part of our COVID-19 precautionary measures, we have implemented a mandatory working from home policy. This policy will be in effect until September 2020 and could be extended for an undetermined amount of time.