- Risk analysis using company technology for quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk
- Participate in underwriting meetings and broker meetings, develop positive internal and external relationships
- Negotiate coverage and price with brokers within regulations
- Grow and manage a book of business
- Keep reports accurate and compliant
- Help mentor junior staff with theory and technical underwriting procedures
- Efficient response to requests and maintain excellent communication skills both internal and external
- Ability to handle work projects and other duties
- 5+years commercial underwriting experience.
- CIP or working towards completiopn an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, tech skills, customer service skills and problem solving skills.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Paul Mulcahy and email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.