I am working with one of Canada’s largest P&C insurance companies that is looking for a Senior Underwriting Specialist to focus on Healthcare business (Professional Liability, Med-Mal and General Liability). Excellent opportunity for someone that enjoys working out of a modern downtown office, but still having flexibility to work from home.
Title: Senior Underwriting Specialist – Healthcare
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Underwriting profitable and complex business operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels
- Actively pursuing opportunities to grow the book through new business and renewals, in line with team and targets.
- The role requires a certain degree of technical expertise in underwriting within the healthcare segments
- Strong focus on specific coverages such as Professional Liability (Medical Malpractice) and General Liability.
- Have a collaborative and partnering business mindset, you will work closely with senior management to vet and finalize deals,
- Analyze related legal trends and developments in order to plan ahead to take account of predicted developments.
- Responsible for a range of related business issues and projects requiring in-depth investigation and judgment to resolve.
- Identify, propose and deliver changes to policy wordings, supporting underwriting documentation and underwriting guidelines as appropriate.
- Provide technical support and manage part of a large national healthcare portfolio,
- Promote marketing and growth within delegated programs and/or portfolios and new program opportunities while monitoring market trends.
- Build strong rapport with clients/brokers and attend networking events
- Act as a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues to develop winning capabilities in our underwriting teams.
- Responsible for leading initiatives for service and process improvements by acting on feedback from customers.
- Compliance with governance frameworks to ensure Risk compliance.
- 8+ years of commercial liability underwriting experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Healthcare sector (Professional Liability/Medical Malpractice and General Liability).
- CIP, FCIP, CRM preferable
- Extensive knowledge of underwriting within relevant product line in a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits.
- Ability to analyze complex information and draw out the relevant facts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of product range and supporting systems.
- Excellent business development/customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace.
- Knowledge and ability to coach and guide less experienced underwriters in own team and wider teams.
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, pension plan and bonus
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.