This is a brilliant opportunity to work with a leading insurance broker as a Commercial Marketer based in Burnaby. This company has a deep rooted background in the insurance industry and provide a very attractive work environment.
This role is ideal for a person that wants to work in a positive and friendly work environment, and who wants to develop their long term career with the company.
Its important to the organisation that the person can work well both independently and in a team environment, show initiative, be a self starter and quick learner.
A very competitive salary and benefits package are on offer along with the opportunity to build a progressive future.
- Market and negotiate new and renewal business
- Develop relationships with insurers to ensure negotiation of best terms for clients
- Discuss client needs with internal departments and make recommendations on terms and conditions
- Develop marketing processes for tough placement risks
- Continuous servicing as required and negotiate mid-term changes
- Follow policies and procedures, including security and quality procedures.
- Keep up to date on new products, coverage and market trends by attending seminars and industry functions
Account Manager (30%)
- Maintain maximum retention of existing book
- Attend internal renewal strategy meetings and external client meetings as required
- Respond promptly to client emails and telephone calls and prepare client services documents
- Liaison with marketing on placements, renewals and midterm policy changes
- Follow all corporate policies and procedures
- 2- 3 years experience in Commercial Lines
- Level 2 insurance License
- CAIB, CIP, FCIP or CRM is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter, negotiating skills, professional and a team player
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencer's and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Paul at 778-383-9790 ext 101 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.