Title: Financial Lines Underwriter
Location: Downtown Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver (Currently Work from Home)
- Develop and underwrite a profitable portfolio of Financial Lines business – predominantly focused on Management Liability and Financial Institutions within the mid to large account space
- Structure tailor-made solutions by considering the team underwriting parameters and underwriting policy and using underwriting knowledge and experience
- Monitor premiums, costs and claims ratios per contract and take corrective measures if necessary to ensure long term profitability at account level.
- Evaluate appropriate risk premium by considering the risk costs, reinsurance cessions, capital exposure as well as the underwriting and general administration costs to ensure profitability, using rating models as applicable..
- Monitor and supervise assistants in their daily work to ensure compliance with underwriting philosophy and policy and consistency within the team and Specialty Lines.
- Comply with underwriting control standards
- Develop a good working relationship with the claims managers on this class of business.
- Advise, assist and service clients on insurance and risk matters to ensure clients’ satisfaction.
- Foster positive relationships with clients to get a mutual understanding of both their and the company’s needs.
- Maintenance of good business relationships with brokers.
- Maintain awareness of overall product range and take advantages of opportunities to introduce other products to clients.
- Leverage networking opportunities within the business to develop standardised underwriting policy and best practices.
- Develop best practice and disseminate business and class knowledge within the Canadian Financial Lines and International Specialty Lines teams.
- Work with peers to maximise business opportunities and profitability within the department.
- Production of presentations and marketing literature as required.
- Production of business plans/research documents for the Financial Lines account as required.
- Post-secondary education
- Financial Lines Underwriting Experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian market
- Advanced knowledge of underwriting policy, philosophy, and practice
- Have general commercial and financial knowledge and possess underwriting ability
- Strong communicator both verbal and written
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize
- Results focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, RRSP and generous bonus
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.