HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
Proteus (A HUB International Company) is a Toronto-based institutional investment consulting firm is growing and seeking Investment Analysts to join their dynamic team. This established firm is a premier provider of pension governance and investment consulting to Canadian Pension and Investment Funds. Proteus was ranked in Top Decile for overall quality of investment consulting services in the 2017 Greenwich Associates Survey.
If you are client focused, possess strong attention to detail and innovative in driving efficient results, this is a great role for you! This is a great role to be mentored as an Investment Analysts with the opportunity to deliver performance reports across Canada on a timely basis with career development opportunities to meet clients and with a potential career path into a consultant role. As an Analyst, you will gain exposure to both the client consulting function as well as manager research. The work environment is fast-paced and requires effective time management and strong client communication skills. The culture at Proteus is entrepreneurial, encouraging thought leadership teamwork and participation focused on delivering client excellence.
- Working with the Analyst and Research team on a collaborative basis to deliver comprehensive and accurate reporting for clients.
- Analyzing portfolio characteristics, performance, drivers of return, manager investment style and adherence to stated mandates on a quarterly basis.
- Supporting team members in achieving their goals and quality/accuracy standards.
- Developing and maintaining effective lines of communication with Investment Managers/Custodians
- Collecting and verifying data required for quarterly performance reporting, including interpreting and analyzing the data and support the communication of relevant information in a timely and accurate manner to the client.
- Providing research and technical support for continued development of internal investment manager databases.
- Supporting client relationships by providing expertise and value-added solutions.
- Proposing solutions to issues and problems factoring in timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
- Supporting Consultants in delivering investment consulting and governance services including such aspects as finding and selecting the appropriate and best manager for a specified mandate, determining strategic asset mixes, and support of best governance practices.
- Supporting technology requirements - understanding basic networking and client/server architectures.
- Understands project plans and able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Program desired
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced MS Excel function knowledge and experience i.e. pivot tables, formulas etc.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and multitasking skills
- Prior experience with databases and project management frameworks an asset
- CFA Designation or in progress
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong client management skills. interpersonal and written skills
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.