OVERVIEW and PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a sales leader with proven success in leading teams, developing sales strategies, and delivering growth results. As the Senior BDM you excel in leadership, process, and achieving targets. As a key member of the management team, you are responsible for the sale of services, and retention of key clients. You will be responsible to participate in team meetings, strategic planning sessions, along with budgeting and forecasting initiatives. The role reports to the President.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO SUCCEED:
- Problem Solving – the ability to look at situations and barriers to creatively provide solutions that meet the needs of all parties in the best collective manner possible.
- Business Acumen – the ability to initiate and contribute to business development through visibility, displaying of technical experience, creating innovative concepts, and strategic business plans
- Initiative – identifying new opportunities within the industry with effective follow up
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Determination – the ability to continue to strive for a solution despite obstacles from others and/or uncontrollable situations
- Relationship building
- Account Management
- Responsibility for executing the sales plan, and meeting or exceeding assigned revenue targets • Identify, qualify, and develop new customer accounts
- Maintain leading share position with strategically important accounts at Insurer, Mill, Retailer, and Contractor/Applicator level
- Lead new client prospecting presentations and proposals
- Build and foster senior level relationships with key accounts
- Grow revenues within existing customer accounts and channels, develop new accounts and sales channels for existing services and be responsible for the development and launch of new services • Achieve weekly prospecting targets, appointments, and presentations
- Assist the operations team with the on-boarding of new customer accounts
- Lead communications with senior leadership team to effectively coordinate sales management process and integration into the business development, marketing, operations, technology, and financial functions of the company
- Assist with new product development and implementation
- Previous claims experience in the insurance property line and/or experience within the restoration/renovation industry is strongly desired
- University degree in business/related discipline or combination of education and equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of proven sales success including strategic client relationship management
- Excellent organization skills with strong competency in performance metrics, sales planning, and account management
- Strong team player with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to formally present concepts and plans to clients and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to achieve or exceed revenue targets
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written), and proven negotiation skills
- Bilingual French/English is an asset
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Otis Wong at 416-868-6711 ext 234 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.
Selected candidates will be contacted directly.