We are looking for technology rockstar to take on this key role for Gore as cloud and DevOps becomes more pervasive across the organization. This role will build and manage a team of individuals crossing the DevOps and Cloud spectrum. The role will focus on optimizing Cloud Services, Platform, infrastructure, and DevOps methodology across the organization. As a result, this will help streamline all the cloud operations, improve engineering productivity, deliver greater value to the organization, and optimize costs.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
• Establish and manage a cross functional team with deep expertise in Cloud and DevOps technologies
• Work with technology teams to engineer and develop capabilities in the cloud that align with transformative growth
business strategies and requirements
• Ensure cloud environments are handled according to best practices in governance, security, and cost control
• Automate repeatable tasks and demonstrate patterns to remove manual effort throughout organization.
• Establish environment and platform guardrails and controls through automation, policy, and provisioning templates.
• Contribute to technology strategy, develop engineering roadmaps, and identify proof of concept use cases
• Develop solutions for scale, resiliency, and maintainability, which meet technical, security, and business needs for
applications and workloads.
• Develop and support CI/CD deployment pipelines ensuring consistency and appropriate gates are captured.
• Work with release manager to coordinate and provide transparency to continual deployments and feature releases.
• Champion best in class engineering practices and help teams to define and set up automated frameworks, focusing on
• Handle problems related to governance, security, and cost control
• Identify redundant systems and be responsible for the complete life cycle of all cloud services in an organization
What will you need to succeed?
• Degree in CS with 8+ years of relevant experience in cloud infrastructure
• Experience in people leadership
• Deep understanding & knowledge of Automation, Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible, Chef),
DevOps practices, CI/CD pipelines (e.g. JenkinsX, Tekton, Azure DevOps)
• Deep understanding of operating, evolving, and maintaining Cloud Native platforms (ex. Kubernetes)
• Deep understanding of cloud native security and networking.
• Experience in Cloud Deployments, Cloud Security, Platform Infrastructure, Databases, and Network environments
• Robust knowledge of the technical aspects of cloud computing, data centers, and virtual infrastructure; as well as the
overarching strategic business decisions that need to be made around cloud services
• Demonstrated knowledge of Azure, Amazon Web Services, or GCP
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.