Agricultural & Animal Transportation Production Underwriter - REMOTE ANYWHERE IN CANADA
Our client is seeking an Agricultural Production Underwriter with 5+ years’ experience working with property-casualty insurance. Must be a self-starter with a proven track record of pursuing and closing sales of new accounts in the cattle marketing and animal transportation space.
- Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales plan
- Prospect for new business from identified target groups
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and make sales
- Survey prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, product and records
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
- Work with service or marketing teams to complete company submissions
- Producers that validate in assigned time frame will have path to ownership.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- 5 or more years of experience working with property-casualty insurance
- College degree – preferred
- Level 3 license
- Animal transportation experience – preferred
- Knowledge and comfort level with CRM systems
- Computer operation and keyboarding skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- sales: 3 years (Required)
- lead generation: 3 years (Preferred)
- professional sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
High base + commission structure
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.