Account Manager, Commercial Programs
PROLINK—Canada’s Insurance Connection is a general insurance brokerage established in 1982 on the principles of integrity, honesty and caring. We provide tailor-made risk management and insurance solutions to Professional Associations and Affinity Groups, Canadian enterprises, small businesses, and individuals with high-value assets. We are laser-focused on simplifying traditional insurance transactions by building engaging and intuitive digital experiences.
Our goal is to help our clients feel confident in the decisions they make, secure that we will be there for them whenever there is an urgent need, and know that they are an integral part of the PROLINK family. By nurturing one-on-one relationships with our clients, we’ve built a reputation as valued advisors and advocates nationwide.
As an Account Manager in PROLINK’s Professional Associations and Affinity Groups department, you’ll provide advice using a consultative approach to help our clients make educated decisions about their professional insurance needs.
- PROLINK offers a competitive compensation package;
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events;
- Enjoy the benefits of working from home (to be revised in 2021).
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Must be RIBO Licensed;
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in Account Management, Sales, Underwriting, or related roles in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is strongly preferred. Exposure to Underwriting, Commercial Insurance (Professional Liability Insurance as well as Commercial General Liability Insurance), or Group Insurance, is a great asset;
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
- Imparting your expertise to provide an exceptional, consultative client experience that helps clients feel secure in the decisions they make on their insurance needs;
- Cultivating client relationships by taking the time needed to understand their unique requirements and exploring the opportunity to upsell or cross-sell insurance products;
- Driving other lines of business within the company by referring clients to the Personal Insurance, Commercial Enterprise, and Life and Benefits teams, when appropriate;
- Enabling a successful renewal for each Association or Group in your portfolio by engaging all relevant internal/external stakeholders (the Insurance Company, the Account Executive, the Assistant Account Manager, the Marketing team) and processing a high volume of renewals;
- Collaborating with an Assistant Account Manager to streamline policy-related administrative tasks such as processing and reviewing applications, renewals, endorsement changes, cancellations, re-marketing of clients, and claims application initiation;
- Contributing to a cohesive and centralized view of each client by diligently uploading client interactions through the Broker Management System or other company portals which will enable a consistent client experience;
- Leveraging a multi-channel approach to assist clients with their needs in a fast-paced environment;
- Advocating for your clients by acting as a liaison with the insurance company to discuss any underwriting concerns and provide sound underwriting advice;
- Assisting the company’s financial growth by invoicing, collecting payments, and reconciling accounts at times.
PROLINK is an equal opportunity employer and is growing, visit our careers page at https://prolink.insure/careers/ to learn more about other available opportunities!