We are currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join our collaborative finance team. The successful candidate will provide assistance with a wide variety of Finance and Accounting tasks including accounts payable entry, account reconciliations, financial reporting, and budgeting. As a member of this goal-oriented team, you will provide needed input and support for process and systems-related efficiencies and updates.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that set a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
- Accounts payable entries and reconciliation
- Reinsurance accounting
- Investment accounting
- Preparation of schedules supporting the quarterly P&C Financial Return
- Daily banking & deposit entries and reconciliation
- Assistance with financial statement preparation & journal entries for Company, Pension plans and Foundation
- Claims subrogation entries & reconciliation
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an accounting role
- University degree or college diploma with an emphasis on accounting
- Microsoft Dynamics and Cognos TM1 experience is considered an asset
- CPA designation or working towards CPA designation is a must
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.