We are looking for an experienced Commercial Underwriter to join our Operations team in Toronto.
You understand mid-market commercial insurance in Ontario and love the challenge of helping our brokers find real commercial insurance solutions. At Gore Mutual, we believe that personal service sets us apart from our peers, and building genuine relationships with our broker partners defines success in the role.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
As a Senior Underwriter, you will be portfolio underwriting for our broker partners with a focus on growth and profitability. You will also have the opportunity to share your expertise through coaching, training, and mentoring. The ideal candidate will bring creativity, curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
What will you need to succeed?
• A minimum of 5 years’ property and casualty underwriting experience in medium to complex risks, ideally in the construction and manufacturing sector
• University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
• Enrollment in or completion of the CIP (FCIP) designation
• Ability to develop and maintain positive business partnerships with brokers
• Proficient underwriting skills, sound judgement, decision making and analytical ability
• Results oriented, driven by objectives, with ability to meet challenging deadlines
• High degree of collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
• Proficient skill with computer applications including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Occasional travel may be required to meet with broker partners throughout Ontario
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.