Sr. CL Marketer, Special Risks
Description: The immediate role is mainly focused on small-mid sized accounts and some larger clients, with a development opportunity toward a larger account focus over time.
Marketing consists of a team whose main objective is to design, secure and deliver the best insurance program and professional expertise for our wide range of clients, both small-mid size and large accounts. This professional group works with our producers and account managers to assess client risk exposures and insurance needs, including preparation of marketing submissions, binders, proposals and coordinating with our insuring partners. Liaising with our client account managers, processing team and claims group is also a feature of this role.
- 7-10 years Commercial Lines brokerage experience
- Strong technical insurance knowledge in placement of all classes of insurance including specialty products and placement for mid-large multi-line accounts ranging from niche and $50,000 to $1million, as well as US and International risks
- Some knowledge of specialty products a/o segment needs would be an asset (eg. Cyber, D&O, E&O, etc.)
- RIBO Licence, active and in good standing is required, and other industry qualifications such as CAIB, CIP, CRM, etc., would be considered an asset
- Must be a team player, be detail oriented and have strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to use creativity in structuring product proposals and documentation
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word, PolicyWorks and The Agency Manager (TAM)
- Adaptable and flexible in a dynamic environment
- Self-directed and able to coordinate multiple placements for large, multi-line accounts
- Organized with effective time management skills
- Experience in a "hard" insurance market cycle
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.