We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that set a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon
In support of our ambitious growth strategy a new role has been created reporting to our Chief Compliance Officer to support our executives as a subject matter expect in all areas of regulatory compliance.
The Head of Compliance will build, execute, manage, and deliver on an enterprise wide compliance program. Taking what is already established and building a robust end-to-end compliance program.
Collaborating with Business Unit Compliance Officers and the Office of the Ombudsman, the Head of Compliance is primarily responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely measurement, monitoring, reporting and control of enterprise-wide regulatory compliance and associated escalation and governance processes.
What will you do?
- Partner with key stakeholders to provide leadership, oversight, and effective challenge in relation to the enterprise wide regulatory compliance program.
- Executing, managing and delivering the Regulatory Compliance Management System including:
- Compliance operational strategy
- Compliance risk and regulatory requirements identification
- Monitoring of regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Communication, education and training
- Development of business unit compliance officers
- Internal compliance assurance testing and audits
- Compliance management tool
- Documentation and audit trail
- Analysis and reporting
- Directing and monitoring subsidiary, third party and broker compliance
- Regulatory filings on the electronic filing system RRS.
- Assisting with the management of privacy breaches, reporting and log.
- Assisting with the management of consumer complaints, reporting and log.
- Assisting with corporate and operational legal matters.
- Managing and updating compliance information on the intranet Gore Core and public website
- Budget preparation, tracking against actuals, reporting and budget reconciliation
- Coordination of documentation and responses regarding any internal or external audits.
- Special projects and other duties as required.
What will you need to succeed?
- 10+ years of experience in a senior regulatory compliance role within the P&C insurance industry
- Experience developing and delivering enterprise-wide compliance programs
- Experience with compliance assurance auditing
- Experience with handling regulatory filings and regulatory filing systems
- Ability to take the initiative on projects and complete them efficiently with little direction.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to interact with business contacts, external advisors, regulatory authorities, government officials and outside parties in a confident, courteous and professional manner.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Speed in execution and effectiveness.
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.