The Data Engineering practice at Gore Mutual Insurance is going through an exciting transformation to modernize technologies and approaches, and to better enable a data driven future for the company. As such, the Data Engineering team is looking for a new member to assist with several new and ongoing data migration, acquisition, and development projects, with the goal of expediting their delivery.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
In this role you will be part of architecting, engineering and solutioning the foundation of our Next Horizon initiatives. This will involve working with all of our business stakeholders to understand their data processes from present state and developing modern, scalable solutions to move our business forward.
In particular, you will:
• Design, develop, and document new data solutions, including data pipelines and data warehouses
• Collect and analyze requirements in collaboration with business teams and stakeholders to help inform development activities and objectives
• Monitor, evaluate and continuously improve current data pipelines and systems
• Collaborate and support other Data & Analytics team members with solution implementation and technology adoption
What will you need to succeed?
• Undergraduate degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.
• Proficiency and in-depth understanding of development best practices in Python and SQL.
• Experience with MS Azure Cloud environment and toolkits including Kubernetes (AKS), Databricks, Azure SQL
• Excellent understanding of data modelling and data warehousing best practices; familiarity with data warehouse and data mart design principles.
• Knowledge and experience with modern data pipeline development and orchestration tools.
• Experience working with and analyzing structured, semi-structured, and unstructured datasets, and identification and extraction of key metrics from large and disparate data sources.
Nice to Have
• Graduate degree in a technical field with specialization in Analytics, Data Science, or a related subject
• Experience with large scale data migration and data platform modernization projects
• Azure and/or Databricks certifications
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.