VP, Senior Underwriter – Toronto
Seeking an intelligent and analytical VP, Senior Underwriter to help manage and develop the Casualty portfolio, underwrite and service the Property portfolio and be involved with the underwriting strategy for the Branch.
- Develop and manage a sustainable and profitable Property & Casualty book of business.
- Work closely with the pricing actuaries to price and quote reinsurance programs.
- Collaborating with other departments and functions, namely Global Account Executives, P&C NA Underwriters, Catastrophe Modeling, Claims and Reserving.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers and clients to ensure a continuous flow of business.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in progressively senior underwriting roles at a lead reinsurer.
- Treaty underwriter with strong technical skills, deep experience underwriting in Property & Casualty Lines and a strong Casualty background.
- Thorough understanding of policy forms, pricing schemes, and the role and impact of claims, actuarial and finance in the underwriting process.
- Strong relationships with brokers and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in French would be an asset.
- An ability to grasp complex mathematical concepts and an understanding of modeling in the decision-making process.
- A professional presence and superior presentation skills.
- University degree is required.
- CIP or FCIP are preferred.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.