My client is a reputable independently owned mid-sized insurance brokerage that is looking to hire a RIBO licensed individual interested in a dual role where they are assistant with claims and performing some junior commercial CSR responsibilities.
Title: Claims coordinator/Junior Commercial CSR
Location: Toronto (Work from home until further notice)
- Taking details of all incoming claim reports (via telephone/in person/written report)
- Reporting claims without delay to Insurers, following TAM workflows to create appropriate records and follow-ups at prescribed intervals
- Referring clients' requests for advice to CSRs and/or producers; emailing notice of claims to producers
- Record all calls and correspondence in full detail on computer system following brokerage procedures
- Responding immediately to customer queries and complaints on Insurer claims service; intervening and negotiating with Insurers on Insureds' behalf as necessary.
- Generating, verifying and/or providing details on claims histories for individual clients and/or particular Insurer portfolios, as requested.
- Nurture positive professional relationships with Insurers in balance with the clients' best interests
- Promptly forwarding claim invoices received to Insurers
- Forwarding any writs or other legal notices to Insurers immediately; following-up with appropriate adjusters to ensure that documentation has been received and addressed.
- Diligently following up with Insureds at established intervals, to offer additional assistance and support and to verify customer satisfaction with the claims process
- Updating computer claim record on an ongoing basis as information is received from Insurers and/or adjusters, with amounts of payments/reserves/estimates and noting status of claim
- Additional projects and or duties as requested: May include, but not limited to, Relief reception, occasional back-up for clerical staff.
Assisting House Account Executive(s) with the management of their portfolio, including:
- Following-up for, checking (correcting where necessary) and processing of new business as ordered.
- Overseeing initial renewal process i.e., verifying that automatic renewals are received; ordering renewals from Insurers by 60 days prior to renewal; anticipating requests for updated information and/or applications and relaying requirements to HAC producer
- Sending liability certificates for ALL auto renewals if documents not received within 10 days of expiry, and binders issued and (where premiums are known) invoices for all renewals if documents are not received within 10 days of expiry. ALL premiums for the calendar month to be invoiced prior to month-end.
- Processing of Renewals, including Reviewing Documents for Errors, Payment Letters as required, Summaries, Invoices and Correspondence with client
- Issuing certificates of insurance as instructed, with copies sent to Insurer and file
- Responding to Lienholder/Lessor/Mortgagee requests for copies of insurance policies
- Providing copies of subscription policy documents to subscribing Insurers
- Updating summaries and screens on an ongoing basis
- Detailed documentation of all calls, correspondence and transactions in system Activities and/or file; updating and maintaining screens as accurately as possible; moving cancelled policies to History and requesting deletion as appropriate
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Experience working for a brokerage in either personal or commercial lines.
- RIBO license in good standing is a must have
- Post-secondary education, or related work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience with TAM
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.