Our Client is seeking a strong and dynamic leader to join their successful BC team as their new Regional Underwriting Manager! This is a great opportunity to join a longstanding insurance company who has consistently been voted a top employer for young people. This role is ideal for a property and casualty expert who wants to lead a team of professionals working on unique and complex risks.
Who you are:
You are an established leader who is looking to sink their teeth into some complex and specialty accounts and leading a small but successful team. You pride yourself on your excellent relationship skills with your brokers and customers, and your ability to drive high performing teams. This is a complex and dynamic role, so you will have excellent time management skills and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Manage and monitor the performance and competency of the Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants
- Provide key technical guidance and management to Regional Underwriters.
- Prioritize and manage workflow and work-load distribution.
- Develop and deliver flexible, specialized and bespoke underwriting solutions to key customer segments.
- Identify key accounts in key customer segments working collaboratively with the broker to provide underwriting, risk control and pricing solutions which assist in ensuring a successful outcome.
- Implement underwriting strategy and philosophy including communication of and compliance with Corporate Underwriting guidelines together with the effective implementation, management and monitoring of the underwriting referral process within the Region.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key customers and brokers in the Region.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the marketplace (as it relates to key customer segments) including all competitors in terms of their underwriting strategy, products, coverage, risk appetite and capacity / limits
- Monitor legal, market, business and cultural trends relative to key customer segments; and assist Corporate Underwriting with any product enhancement and product development as requested.
- University degree or College diploma highly regarded
- CIP (completed); FCIP (preferred).
- 8+ years insurance experience (commercial property/liability).
- 2+ years Underwriting Management experience
- Experience in and exposure to complex case underwriting, product development, wording development and rate building / pricing strategy.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant who meets the job requirements and qualifications in a timely manner.